Sunday 22 April 2007

When I Was A Child I Believed My Father Was A Pirate

The first music I ever got off the internet was in either 1997 or 1998, I can't exactly remember, when I was either 11 or 12 -- the only way I can date it is very foggy -- isn't that sick -- but I know it was during my illustrious punk rock stage.

It was NOFX on a fan site, streaming Punk in Drublic, Heavy Petting Zoo and White Trash Two Heebs and a Bean on Real Audio or something like that. I was never able to skip over songs, so I had to wait patiently for it to buffer, and listen to the tracks over and over to get to my absolute favourite stupid songs.

I listened to it for months, oh yes, as one does -- only one day when I went there, it had been replaced with a notice that said they'd been given a C&D to take down all the music, as it was infringing copyrights. Then there was no more NOFX.

Well, until June 1st 1999.

It was a beautiful time to be alive.


If you like scummy California punk:
A NOFX collective
(where's your copyright God now?)
Bob
Linoleum
The 'Brews
Don't Call Me White

No comments: